Create a new identity to win roles and opportunities – in just half a day!
‘NB IOD members can bring a guest for free to this event’
Do you want to win new roles or be promoted? Do you need to stand out and be the ‘go to’ person everyone wants on their team? So how do you do this?
Too many people rely on their title, experience and ‘good work’ to win these roles - whether as a trustee or non-executive director, to be promoted or invited to take part in prestigious projects.
No-one wants to be seen as self-promotional but this half-day masterclass will share the secrets of being seen as an expert in your field and be known to key influencers.
Through exercises with your peers, this practical, half-day workshop will help you identify what is special about you, why people would want to employ or use you and show you how to stand out everywhere you go – including on LinkedIn.
This event is organised by Next-Up and the IOD. Sponsorship by 1825 Financial Planning and Advice, part of Standard Life Aberdeen Group, enables us to offer this workshop at a competitive price.
This half-day, interactive workshop will cover
- What is a personal brand?
- Sharing stories of leaders who have created new identities and won work/roles from these - identifying the key ingredients of their brands
- Understanding your skills and who wants them - the foundation for creating your brand
- What problem are you solving? Turning this into your elevator pitch
- Testing out introductions to explain your expertise - do they work?
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile that will engage others - and help you be found in online searches
- Using LinkedIn strategically to target and win work and roles
- Create new networks with fellow delegates
Victoria Tomlinson is a former director of EY, founder of award-winning Northern Lights and has now launched a new business, Next-Up, to help people leaving corporate life to find and win new opportunities. An Amazon bestseller, she is one of the BBC’s expert women regularly appearing on TV and radio to comment on the news. She was a non-executive of Northern Ballet, chaired a board for Leeds University - and given the VC’s award for outstanding leadership - and mentors chief executives, women looking to be promoted, start-up businesses and ex-offenders.
9.00 am Registration
9.30 am Start - 1pm finish
1pm - 2pm Light lunch and networking
(please let us know of any dietary requirements and or allergies)
£95 per delegate plus VAT
Plus one free guest
£125 per delegate plus VAT
Car parking at The Grand, York (near the train station)
Car parking charges will apply
£10 day charge per car
Book in advance via the Concierge team to save disappointment (01904 894934)