Governor of Gateways School, a pro bono appointment
To hold the school “in trust” for current and future beneficiaries by:
- Ensuring that the school has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these
- Being responsible for the performance of the school and for its corporate behaviour, in particular in its provision of public benefit
- Ensuring that the school complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Being guardians of the school’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking all due care over their security, deployment and proper application
- Ensuring that the school’s governance is of the highest possible standard
Gateways wishes to ensure that its board of Governors has diversity in all its aspects. It is particularly keen to hear from those who can bring experience in fundraising and marketing. To set up an initial conversation regarding the role please contact the Head’s PA via the contact details provided.
About the organisation:
Gateways is an independent day school for boys and girls aged 2 to 18. From September 2019, boys will be able to progress into Year 7 in the High School and Gateways will therefore become progressively co-educational from that date onwards. Situated on a 22 acre site in the rural village of Harewood, Gateways is conveniently located on the main artery between Leeds and Harrogate. Gateways is a small school, which allows staff to know their pupils, recognise their strengths and weaknesses and therefore provide a personal education getting the best out of each and every child who come through the gates.