Lancaster University Management School (LUMS)
11 January 2022
International Careers Manager
Closing date 22 August 2021
The main purpose of the role is to expand our offer to students who wish to work outside the UK, including UK students working internationally and international students who wish to return to their home countries or to move to a third country. The main, although not exclusive, focus will be on China, India and the EU.
- To make a significant contribution to our international careers provision by providing a range of professional careers and employability resources, information, support and guidance to LUMS students and alumni.
- To be responsible for communicating with and influencing colleagues to ensure buy-in,support and commitment to achieving the School’s aims in this area.
- To promote LUMS and its students to international employers and increase the quality and quantity of relationships with key employers in key markets. This will require the post holder to acquire a good working knowledge and understanding of the LUMS programmes.
- To support the growth of international internships, placement and graduate opportunities for LUMS students.
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues from LUMS and the University Careers and Employability Service and with a wide range of employers in order to achieve employer input into programmes that will improve employability and will enhance the content of the programmes with regards to the global world of work.
- To work with the Head of LUMS Careers, and the wider team, to build relationships with our partner institutions and employers to facilitate student access to global opportunities. This will involve significant international travel.
- To keep up to date with international employment trends and opportunities, legislative and ethical requirements, and gain a deeper understanding for the team of graduate opportunities in key markets.
- To deliver workshops and offer students 1-2-1 support to enhance the likelihood of succeeding in these labour markets.
- To collaborate with Professional Service and academic colleagues working on various international student focused partnerships to enhance the employability offer to these students.
- To manage and deliver the LUMS International Career Development Programme – currently in pilot phase.
- To represent LUMS internally and externally as appropriate.
- Any other duties related to the post as may be required by line manager
About the organisation:
Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) is a quadruple-accredited, world-ranked management school, consistently in the top 20 in three major UK league tables. At the heart of the student experience is our innovative and busy LUMS Careers team, who make a significant impact on the career development and employability of undergraduates, postgraduates, and graduates.
How to apply
Do you think this role could be next for you? Just send your CV and introductory letter to the contact email address above.
Next-up can help you to prepare your CV for trustee, charity and mentoring roles. Even better, we'll get your LinkedIn profile looking great and improve your interview skills.
Do you know somebody else who would be interested in this role? Let them know!