We are looking for a Treasurer to join LIFEbeat's Board
The role is unremunerated with a time commitment of about one day per month. The Treasurer will review the management accounts, budgets and forecasts prepared by the CEO prior to Trustee meetings (4-6 meetings per year).
They should be able to demonstrate:
1. Significant experience in finance at a senior level
2. A high level of literary and numeracy - for understanding reports and budgets
3. Substantial professional and/or personal interest in working in education or with youth
4. Well-developed professional or social networks, with a willingness to make introductions to the charity, e.g. of potential donors or for partnerships
5. Ability to work as a team, especially on decision-making
6. Understanding of the role of governance in charities
7. Excellent interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to take a considered and clear view on strategic issues and vision. The successful candidate will have significant understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
About the organisation:
LIFEbeat is a UK registered charity founded in 2009. The organisation’s mission is to improve the emotional wellbeing of young people by giving them the skills and inspiration to overcome the challenges they face and lead healthy and purposeful lives.
LIFEbeat cultivates the potential of young people by stimulating their creativity in the context of a safe and vibrant community. Through their youth programmes and summer camps, as well as their youth and professional training programmes, they build resilience, self-esteem, emotional intelligence and social skills.
LIFEbeat’s approach weaves together key different essential practices: creativity and arts practice, focus on relationships and group/community work, personal storytelling, and reflective practice.