We are currently looking for school mentors for the Mosaic programme
About the organisation:
Youth charity The Prince’s Trust helps disadvantaged young people to get their lives on track. We support 13 to 30 year-olds who are unemployed or at risk of unemployment through underachieving in education. Our programmes develop key skills, confidence and motivation, enabling young people to move into work, education or training.
Three in four young people supported by The Prince’s Trust move into work, education or training, and we could not achieve this without the valued support of our 9,000 volunteers and secondeers.
What does the role involve?
The programme uses positive role models to improve students' confidence, self-efficacy and employability.
- Planning how to engage with mentees in a creative way
- Supporting the educational and personal development in young people
- Advising young people to help them set, meet and exceed their goals in life
This role will involve:
- a commitment of 7 hours over one or two academic terms
- group mentoring with approx 5 young people
- tailoring the sessions according to the young people’s needs
- adhering to the relevant policies and procedures of The Prince’s Trust, including our Health and
Safety, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity and Confidentiality policies
- opportunities to get involved in other areas of The Trust’s work, such as supporting with events
Skills looking for:
The Prince’s Trust is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all
sections of the community. You don’t need to have any experience to volunteer in this role, but
ideally you should be able to demonstrate:
- excellent communication skills
- good listening skills
- an understanding of the issues facing The Prince’s Trust target groups
- good interpersonal skills
- good written and spoken English skills
- an ability to work as part of a team
- an ability to complete tasks effectively and efficiently
- willingness to uphold the values of The Trust. Our values are approachable, non-judgmental, inspiring, empowering and passionate
How to apply:
Fill out the form below to become a Mosaic mentor and help young people from deprived communities realise their talents and potential.
Alternatively, please call 0800 842 842 to request a paper copy of the application form. All successful applicants will be expected to attend an interview and training before being appointed.