The essential workshop to establishing, growing and refreshing a successful consultancy.
Working with your peers we will help you
- Identify the problem you are solving - this is the core to being successful
- Creating a personal brand to explain your business
- Using this brand online - on LinkedIn, in blogs and elsewhere online
- Networking to test out your ideas online
- Maximising existing relationships and building new networks
- The practical detail - from HMRC and naming your business to the fees you should charge
- Joining consultancy associations
- Understanding your strengths and using associates to complement these
- Create a plan for the first year
This highly interactive and practical workshop will energise you, help you create new networks and give you a practical action plan. You can share ideas with your peers and hear from consultants who have made this work and are enjoying it.
A former director of EY in London, Victoria founded Next-Up in 2018 – which evolved from the award-winning Northern Lights consultancy, which Victoria set up in 1990.
Victoria has taken the business through every stage of a consultancy evolution including working with large numbers of associates to deliver major campaigns; moving into entirely new markets several times – especially as the recession hit – and changing the model of winning business from networking to selling. In that time she has had to reinvent her personal brand to fit the business need and build a profile to win business.Rick Firth
Rick is a seasoned senior executive with a track record of successfully fixing, developing, and growing commercial education and training organisations in the UK and internationally. He has held senior roles in organisations such as Pearson, AQA and at Abu Dhabi University.
He has taken this experience and repackaged his skills to become a consultant to the education sector, using existing networks to win business.