Join a small group, online, over five weeks. These 90 minute sessions will each week help you build a plan, create a strong personal brand for new activities and give you practical steps for networking – maximising existing networks and creating new ones.
You will work in a small group with up to 8 of your peers – this is the first of your new networks. Each week we will focus on one area and build towards a plan by the end of week 5.
All the way through you will hear the honest stories of people who have made their unretirement work – what was challenging, how they got roles as trustees and non-execs, started businesses, became consultants or used their expertise to help others. From a magistrate to helping charities and university business schools.
Packed full of inspiration, tips and personalised support for you, this will help you make a success of your unretirement.
- Tuesday 16th October, 5 – 6.30pm
- Tuesday 23rd October, 5 – 6.30pm
- Tuesday 30th October, 5 – 6.30pm
- Tuesday 6th November, 5 – 6.30pm
- Tuesday 13th November, 5 – 6.30pm
How does it work?
We will send you a link so you can work with us online – join us from wherever you are each week. All you need is a PC or laptop with a camera, microphone and an internet connection. We’ll send details to get connected when you sign up.
The programme will include/cover
- A silver membership package which gives you access to the membership platform, discounts to events and workshops (not included in this membership is the one hour coaching and access to one free event)
- An initial assessment questionnaire to identify your ideas and plans to date – what you want your unretirement to look like. We will send you a report summarising your thoughts
- Through the five weeks, creating and testing out a plan
- Personal branding – what do people know you for? Your executive career – or more? How to become known for the skills that others want
- Creating online profiles
- Using LinkedIn strategically
- Networking with purpose – using existing networks and building new ones
- Staying relevant – and being seen to be relevant
- Creating a plan and working with your peers to test this and support each other
Your programme leader
Victoria Tomlinson has worked with 100 individuals to help them create plans for unretirement and make them happen – from personal branding and using LinkedIn as a strategic tool to testing and challenging their ideas for a business or consultancy to introducing them to people who need their skills.
A former director of EY in London, for the last 30 years she has been chief executive of award-winning communications business, Northern Lights. Ten years ago she was one of the first to use social media strategically as a B2B tool; she opened up a new market in the UAE six years ago and has now created Next-Up.
She chaired an advisory board for the University of Leeds and received the VC’s leadership award for outstanding chairing. She was on the board of Northern Ballet for eight years and is now an Honorary Teaching Fellow at Lancaster University. An Amazon bestseller on blogging, she has also coached a number of chief executives and directors and mentored start-up businesses, students and ex-offenders.